June 14, 2007

My Child Is A Genius

I know some of you haven't seen Sadie in a while. She is getting so big and so smart. I know, everyone thinks their child is a genius, but she never ceases to amaze Aaron and I. Everyday she says something new, and we'll think, where did she learn that? She can count to 20 and knows her ABC's. She can even spell her own name if you ask her. She knows all her colors and if she doesn't, she'll demand "tell me!". Being a mom to Sadie is even more amazing that I could have ever imagined. We have our down days when she becomes a typical two year old, as I'm sure many do, but the good days make it all worth it.

2 comments:

Kandice said...

I am so excited you started a blog, and Sadie is so cute. Her hair is getting so long and she definitely looks like a little girl now, not a toddler. :)

Just Call Me Tasha said...

Okay, so I'm behind the times. I've been hearing this term for some time now and all I can figure out is that it is anyone writing; emailing; stating their opinions or whatever they want to say for the world to see. Do I have this right? Okay hear goes; I'm not surprised by Sadies intelligence, she has both a father and mother that are intelligent people. As Sadie's mother's mother I can relate to Tasha at that age. Couldn't get enough books; Home schooled before kindergarden, (before homeschooling was allowed). Yes, Tasha knew her ABC's; counted to 100; simple math like adding single digit #'s. All her colors. She two was hungry for knowledge at an early age. The problem came when she went to kindergarden, she was to far advanced for them and they would put her in a corner to play while they were trying to teach the other kids the basics. They either didn't have GATE programs at that time, or were not aware of it. They simply didn't know what to do with her, but would not advance her to the next grade level for fear of not fitting in with the social skills of the first graders. Enough rambling, (blogging, I guess). Sadie is a blessed with wonderful parents! She has beauty, charm, and intelligence from them both! Love to you all; God Bless.